Thursday, March 12, 2009

Apple Chip Cake

This is a recipe that I got from a friend I used to work with in Pittsburgh. Thanks Susie!! It is the best apple cake I have ever had. It is so moist and delicious. Hope you enjoy it!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1)1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
2)2 cups sugar
3)2eggs

Mix the above ingredients together and then add in the following:

4) 3 cups flour
5) 1 tsp. baking soda
6)1/2 tsp. salt
7)1 tsp. cinnamon

Now fold in 3 cups cubed and pared apples. Then add in these ingredients:

7)1 tsp. vanilla
8)1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
9)sprinkle some additional sugar and cinnamon on top

Place in ungreased pan (11x14) or 2 round cake pans. Bake 50-60 Minutes at 350 degrees.
Enjoy - I always use the round pans so I can keep one and take one to a neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by: Ashley @ hipposcraps.com